beautiful dreamer

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Letting Go...



I have been up and down a lot lately. But this weekend brought the smile back to my face. Hopefully it shall stay there for quite some time.

It was the end of daylight savings here... which means the official end to summer and the beginning of winter. Oh Boy. My third winter in a row, after spending the last 6 months in Europe. But at least our winters are no where near as bad as Europe's.

I have been attemptig to ignore this change in seasons and because it was such a beautiful day, my family went out on our boat.

It was, well a magical afternoon... for me at least. Going out with my family can be a little emotionally draining but it was perfect end of summer weather. It was like somehow I forgot how much I love the ocean. I can be a bit of a water baby and being near the water of some kind always uplifts my spirits. And this is exactly what happened.

Then this afternoon I drove home during sunset. I LOVE this time of day, it is just so magical, the sky always looks amazing. It tends to have a calming effect on me, it brings the sense of new adventures and new days.


And finally I was going through a bunch of my favourite quotes (I have a whole collection, and have discovered others who love quotes as much as I do on various blogs. Quotes always make my day, and can always lift my spirits, they just seem to know what your going through, and theres always one for anything your going through.)




(I'm sorry I don't remember where I got this from... I found it a few years ago on a website I stumbled upon.)

So I'm letting go of the past as much as I can.
It's time to move on. It may be scary, I may not know what I'm doing with my life so much at the moment, but I'm going to take it one day at a time, one goal at a time... starting with getting out of the debt I mounted up in Europe! Letting go is hard... but it needs to be done. If you don't let go, you get stuck in the past and can never really appreciate life right here, right now.

Make the little things count. And be HAPPY.

Love and hugs... Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment