beautiful dreamer

Monday, May 10, 2010

I signed up for what again?

Yesterday I handed out flyers at my university, advertising an information session about university exchanges.. so we weren't really selling anything.. and I happily volunteered to do this.

As soon as I was given the leaflets to handout, I realised what I was in for. We often have MANY people handing out advertisements, flyers, leaflets at uni... and I realised how annoying that I have often found it. Now I was on the other side!

As I realised this, I had a little giggle to myself. Luckily I only had to do this for an hour. Somethings I learnt..

- Having a giant smile on your face, gets people to stop, and happily accept what your handing out.

- Your attitude has impact on everything you do, and how you see the world.

- Manners... they are important! I didn't mind people saying no thanks, but to simply ignore you.. well it's kinda rude.

which leads to:

- Be nice to people! The simple use of manners or a smile can really affect a person's day.. (is it really that hard?!)

- I made people smile with my enthusiasm, it was a good feeling!

- Always try to remember what its like to be in someone else's shoes, to see another point of view. (I will always be polite to these people from now on, perhaps they simply volunteered to do a job =p )

1 comment:

  1. it's so true. if your smiling and have a good attitude your much more likely to get my attention than if you are smug and unhappy.

    one time as i was working at a call center in customer service i answered the phone and the guy made a comment about how i sounded so unhappy. i wasn't unhappy at all but was just bored. your tone and attitude make all the difference!

    loved this post.

    xo

    ReplyDelete