beautiful dreamer

Sunday, May 23, 2010

... but sometimes I wish...

Warning: This may turn into a bit of a venting session.

But let’s start on a happy note:

My lovely work friend, we’ll call her work friend (:p) gave me a bunch of beautiful yellow flowers upon hearing about my cat. Totally made my day. She is a wonderful one, that’s for sure.








However, to add to the same week as the one I lost my cat, I started to feel like I’m losing one of my closest friends.

I'm pretty lost and confused by it.



We were at the same party the other night, it felt like she was annoyed at me, yet I was somewhat annoyed at her.

It feels like were drifting apart, that were simply at different places in our lives right now. This made me sad. Yet I also feel like I’ve been fighting to save the relationship for some time. And it feels like either she doesn’t notice, or doesn’t care.








I’m not sure if I can keep fighting for this friendship if she’s not willing to fight for it as well.


Lately every time I’ve invited her to something I’ve been turned down. Everything at the moment is about her boyfriend.. maybe I just don’t understand the way she feels but I’m not sure. It’s not a new relationship; they have been together for almost 5years. I told her about my cat. And she responded that she was missing her boyfriend. (He’s been away on exchange for 6months). There was only so much sympathy I could still give to that situation. Especially when I found out that he was coming home on Sunday.




She has been one of my best friends for the last 6years, and I’ve known her for longer than that. I was there before this boy. I know that may sound lame, but you know, sometimes it would be nice not to be blown off because of him.



(Note to self: Maintain friendships!! A relationship is most definitely not the only thing)





(Images via weheartit)


No comments:

Post a Comment