beautiful dreamer

Saturday, June 19, 2010

My favourite.. time of day


I have noticed that for some reason my favourite time of day is twilight.. and it has nothing to do with the book series.





Those moments when the earth is neither completely lit or compeltely covered in darkness.
The colours in the sky are spread about and mixed up, like they have no idea what's going on either.







For some reason it makes me happy and sad at the same time.. crazy huh!
Happy becuase I'm more of a night person than a morning one, and I see it as getting ready for a new day, a fresh start. But also a little sad.. there is something settling about it, something that says today is over, it is the end of something, and those beautiful coulours in the sky aren't going to last forever.



Because like those beautiful colours in the sky that don't last, things change, and we often forget to see the beauty. I see it as a reminder to stop for a second and to remember to live in that moment. To take in the beauty that is life and those feelings and to reflect.





So here's to those moments. Even if the happy is mixed with a little bit of the sad. To those refelctions and that beauty in the sky and life itself.





This was a completely rambling random post.

No comments:

Post a Comment